POETRY: ITUNU PETER - SHADOWN

 

                            SHADOW

   I was trying to fixed up

Carried away from the reality of myself

Shying away from the truth

To conform with the standard the society portray 

Looking at the mirror

All I could see was my imperfections 

I saw my weakness display before me.


 I thought I was trying to be perfect 

Cutting off the edges

To fit into the so called society standard

I hated myself for being me 

Losing my self esteem 

Inferiority sets in

Yet I slept on it.


 I wish I could take a step backward 

And see how beautifully I’m made

But no

I just want to be who I wasn’t 

Trying to please those who weren’t looking my way 

Time to be me

I lost it

With the focus of the picture 

I can never be. 


© ITUNU PETER....

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post