POETRY: ITUNU PETER: WANT

 

                             WANT

  I want your head on my shoulder 

My head on your laps

That’s a symbol of trust

Because you won’t sell me out 

I want your lips on mine

That a chemistry not in textbooks 

If loving you is heaven

Then I’m not scared of the second coming of Christ.


 I want my hand holding yours

With your eyes fixed on mine

With a bright face and beautiful smile 

Reassuring me of the love we shared

They asked me what my lucky number is?

I just picked from the alphabet of your name.


 I want you to be my favorite place

Showing me different shades of love

I want to write a book of you

With your name from the start to the end

I want to have a museum 

Having the picture of you hanging 

The journey isn’t complete without you in it 

If I’m opportune to come again, you still be my choice 


©ITUNU PETER.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post